.

Random observations, teachings and musings of a well trained cubicle superhero.
http://j1.ca

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Flickr still Buggr'd-Picasa-Roxy-Exeem

Seems the word of mouth tales of Flickr's awesomeness have lead to an unexpected spike in usage. As a result Flickr has begun the database "en-goodification" process and blogged the results throughout. An expected outage was announced with this quote.
"Flickr down on Saturday night - you should probably be out dancing anyway
Step three of our database en-goodification project is about to begin, which means that the Flickr website will be unavailable for up to two hours. Status messages will occasionally be posted here, if relevant. And photos posted to external sites will continue to be served, as usual.
Have fun dancing.
Every post you'd expect to be official corporate apology or explanation is infused with some sort of wit. Kudos. I hope you don't sell your site and have my photos end up in the hands of some corporate turd. Lest you end up like Nullsoft.
Another unexpected perk is the new Flickr web-based photo management tool (the demo of which I can't view because I don't have QT on this machine }:/
http://www.flickr.com/tools/organizr.gne

Picasa also went 2.0 the other day. . There was a in-depth on the creator in USA Today-looky
PC magazine already has a review here. I'll post a review of the 2.0 software when I am able to sleep enough to see things in colour. I hardy party a little too much thanks to Uma and Chris. I ended the night with a serving of my signature "blazing dishtowel chicken surprise" Special thanks to Beth who not only holds reign over all dancefloors, but is also an adept fire safety engineer. (fuzzy slippers should not be used to stamp out fires) Those who rocked it at RoxyBlu-Mike Tull and Lopez doing back 2 back and whoever played "The Specials-A Message to you Rudy" That track will be cemented in my brain for the next 3 months. .....stop ya messin' around.....betta think of yo fewcha...

Exeem is out (allthingschristie 0wnz) I loaded it up, it's actually a bit beyond a traditional Bittorent client, it has a local share as well that other users can search. Looks like at 9am on a Sunday there are around 17,000ish users online right now sharing 11,000ish files. I threw up a search for "Lost" which rules by the way and got 30 results all of which were relevant. I clicked a link listed with 2 peers and it looks like my download found the metadata, but the actual download has stalled. harumph.

uma-msn is down. chat via this site's chat box.
www.flickr.com
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Support http://folding.stanford.edu/

website statistics
Archives